Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Right now I’m snuggled up on the couch with my favorite people watching America’s Thanksgiving Parade after stuffing myself with Peaches & Cream Pancakes :)
This is one of my favorite holiday traditions and something I look forward to every year. One year my mom made these pancakes for Thanksgiving and we requested that she start making them every year. I’m not sure what it was that made them so special, but they are as much a part of Thanksgiving Day for us as the big, fat turkey is.
This recipe is easy to make and doesn’t require any prep work which is awesome after spending hours prepping for the big dinner.
I will say this, if you don’t like canned peaches or whipped cream, you won’t like these! I’m a pretty big fan of eating nutritious whole foods, but this once a year tradition is all about the cans. And I’m totally okay with that!
Peaches & Cream Pancakes
originally a Bisquick Recipe
- 2 cups Bisquick*
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (29 ounce) can sliced peaches, drained
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Lightly grease a griddle.
- In a bowl, add all ingredients except peaches and whipping cream and beat until blended. Heat griddle, then pour ¼ cup batter at a time onto griddle. Cook until the surface of the pancakes appears bubbly, then turn and cook until golden brown.
- Remove from griddle. Top with peaches and whipped cream and serve.
- *I make my pancakes from scratch, so I just sub brown sugar for the white sugar in my regular recipe and add a half teaspoon of cinnamon to the batter.