5 Minute Avocado Chicken Lettuce Wraps
These lettuce wraps were a go-to lunch for me all summer long.
In fact, I’m not sure why I haven’t made these lately…they are SO GOOD and SO EASY!
I love that avocado is used in place of mayo. It’s a heart-healthy way to get a nice creamy coating to your chicken salad without the guilt! Wrapping these in lettuce instead of bread or tortillas makes them a fantastic grain-free alternative for lunch. The crunchiness of the fresh veggies and the zesty tang of the citrus and garlic will keep you coming back for more!
You don’t have to be Paleo to love these wraps and you can wow your gluten-free friends and family with this yummy lunch option.
I’m going to include a “recipe” but they really can be made with anything you have on-hand. If you like tons of onion…go for it! Can’t stand tomatoes…leave ‘em out! Don’t have a lemon or lime…skip it!
Make these according to your own tastes and instinct. I’m sure you’ll find a combo that you love :)
- 4-6 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 medium avocado
- ½ lemon or lime (for juice)
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded or cubed
- 1 roma tomato (or handful of grape tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion (red, green, white…whatever you like!)
- ¼ bell pepper, diced
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
- Cut avocado in half, remove pit and scoop flesh into a small mixing bowl.
- Using a fork, mash the avocado until nearly smooth.
- Squeeze lemon or lime juice into bowl and mix to combine.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic powder (to taste) into avocado and mix completely.
- Stir in chicken, tomatoes, onion and bell pepper until everything is evenly coated.
- Scoop mixture into clean, dry romaine leaves and enjoy!