I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to post this recipe!
I make it almost every single week and it’s so good and so easy :)
As long as I have buttermilk in the fridge, I know that I can make this anytime.
The other ingredients are very basic and are probably already in your fridge and spice rack!
Store bought salad dressings are often packed with stuff that’s not good for us. You’d be hard pressed to find dressings that don’t contain high fructose corn syrup, MSG, hydrogenated oils or all three. This doesn’t even take into account preservatives, dyes and other unpronounceable ingredients.
This dressing is by no means a “health food” or even super “clean” but it sure beats most stuff that you will find on the shelf at your grocery store.
This is one of those things that I just make and use and give myself a break about! Lol
I have always combined the ingredients in a bowl and whisked them all together, but adding them to a mason jar and giving them a good shake was even easier!
Grab a bottle of buttermilk this week and whip up a batch of this dressing. Let me know how you like it!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk (or more to your desired consistency…I like mine a little thinner so I add maybe an extra ¼ cup)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a mason jar and shake vigorously until fully combined.
- Alternatively you can add all ingredients to a small mixing bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- Store in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.