I’m excited to share this SIMPLE orange juice salad dressing recipe with you! We’ve been in our new house for 3 weeks, and I’m still in the process of stocking our pantry. I don’t have my standard vinegar selection on hand, but I wanted to make an easy homemade dressing for my salad last week.
The only “acid” I had on hand was a carton of orange juice in the fridge, so I decided to use it for my dressing and it was delicious!!
I love a good vinaigrette as much as the next gal, but sometimes they have more tang than I’m looking for. This dressing is the perfect solution! It’s a little tangy from the brown mustard, but the lovely sweetness of the orange juice balances it out perfectly.
PLUS, it’s super simple because there’s no squeezing…just a splash of juice from the carton in the fridge!
I bet you have most of these items on hand, so give this dressing a try and let me know what you think!
Next week I’m going to share 3 different ways to use this dressing, so stay tuned :)
- ½ cup light tasting olive oil (you can also use extra virgin, but it'll have a stronger oil taste)
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 Tbsp brown mustard (dijon would work too)
- ¼ tsp salt (or less to taste)
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder (or more to taste) - fresh minced garlic would also be amazing!
- In a small mixing bowl, glass measuring cup, or mason jar, add all ingredients then whisk or shake to combine.
- Serve immediately or store at room temperature for up to 4 days. Can be stored a week or more in the fridge (the oil will harden in cold temperatures, so leave dressing on the counter to liquefy before serving.