|You can obviously see the band aid rashes! If you look carefully you can see the hand soap rash on the second row, second patch from the left.
- My weight is gradually coming down after the binge that was Christmas and New Years. I’m down 1.5 pounds from that peak…thank God!
- One of my favorite bloggers had a post about contentmentthis week and it reminded me how glad I am to have that word as one of my 2012 words to live by.
- Grace’s language skills are developing more and more each day! It’s so exciting to hear her say new things and try to communicate with us using words rather than tantrums. Yay for words! My favorites right now are “Bible” and “shoes.” Girl’s got her priorities straight!
- We still have our LIVE Christmas tree up. It’s not completely dried out and we love having it around, so it’s here until at least Tuesday night which is when we take the trash out.
- I’ve been doing the January Photo A Day challenge on Instagram and having fun with it! If you’re on Instagram you can follow me to check it out. I’m rgould726 and here are some of my favorite’s so far:
|Day 12 – Closeup
|Day 11 – Where You Sleep
|Day 10 – Childhood
|Day 5 – Something You Wore
- I normally get SAD (seasonal affective disorder) this time of year, but so far I’m feeling pretty good. It’s still fairly early in the winter to really make a determination, but I’m hopeful that I can stay positive till Spring! A trip to Vegas this month for work probably won’t hurt either :)
- We re-arranged the furniture in our bedroom and Grace’s bedroom and I’m loving the change! Both rooms feel more spacious which is amazing since we live in a Cracker Jack box.
- The bedroom switcheroo inspired me to update an old family mirror that I inherited. (Being a hoarder I pretty much take every family relic that’s offereed to me.) It’s a huge, gold framed mirror that hung in my mother’s childhood home and was passed down to her brother (my late Uncle Jim). Check out the before and afters:
When I posted these pictures I was thinking how they are similar to the weight loss before and after pictures we all see in advertisements. The before picture has a slouchy, no makeup, sad face woman and the after picture is the same woman with her hair done, makeup on, giant smile standing on the beach in her hot pink bikini. Except in this case the mirror was dirty against a garage backdrop versus clean and sparkly on the bedroom wall. LOL
So enough about me. What have you been up to so far this year??