It’s been a while since I posted a weigh in. At first it was because I wanted to move to an every other week schedule. Then Grace drowned my iPhone and I didn’t track my calories or exercise for a week. Oops.
Then I started a draft last week but never finished it. And, on top of all that, I’ve been to the doctor and gotten some new information.
Well, I guess it’s not really new because I already knew it, but he yanked it back to the forefront of my mind.
I eat too much sodium.
I’m not the kind of person who salts everything. In fact, I don’t add extra salt to anything anymore (as much as I think eggs and potatoes need it).
I’m also not the kind of person who noshes on fast-food regularly and I make an effort to avoid processed food.
So, the idea that I’m still taking in too much is pretty discouraging.
The places I’m getting it are things like salsa, cheese, canned beans and tomatoes (which I cook with ALOT) and the low cal soups I often grab for lunch.
I have been eating fewer calories each day, but that sneaky little bugger called sodium has been edging his way into the foods I am eating.
Low cal often = high sodium
So here’s the lowdown:
- I weighed myself 2 weeks ago and had lost 2 more pounds for a total of 14 pounds. Yay! Things were looking up!
- But then Grace killed my phone and I maybe didn’t stick to my calorie budget or gym schedule and gained 3 pounds.
- Then I buckled down and trimmed those 3 pounds off again. Yay!
- Then I went to the doctor and his scale said I was 3 pounds higher. Boo!
- Then I ate my body weight in turkey and the fixins’ and tried to figure out how to re-adjust my food plan.
Total Weight Loss: 12 pounds