In early August I’m going to be attending BlogHer11 and I’m pretty much beyond excited!
I’ll explain more about BlogHer11 later, but in the meantime, I’m working on getting to know my roomies since the 4 of us will be sharing a hotel room for 3 nights and we’ve never met.
In true “new millennium style” we have been connecting via the holy trinity of social media:
The lovely Erika of NAMAmmaSTE is the gal who pulled the whole “hotel sharing” thing off brilliantly (thank you SO MUCH Erika!).
The hotel situation was the one “obstacle” I wasn’t sure I could overcome in order to get to the conference, so I’m super thankful that she tweeted about needing roommates!
Now that all the trip planning is out of the way, I’m working on getting to know all 3 ladies (mainly through Twitter) slowly but surely. I know that spending actual time together will be a more effective way to forge bonds, but we’re doing what we can in the meantime.
While browsing through prior posts on Erika’s blog, I came across one that really resonated with me. It was called, “Do I Have An Accent?” and it happened to be a vlog (video blog).
I really enjoy vlogs because they bring to life all of these awesome women that I
stalk follow online. This particular vlog was fun because it was about different people’s accents.
It’s really fun to hear how different people say words based on where they grew up or what their background is. It’s one of the little things that makes us all unique and I just plain dig it.
Erika’s vlog was great because I got to see her in action, and gosh is she adorable! I loved hearing her pronunciation of all of the words and her video made me want to chop all my hair off :)
I decided to take the plunge and post a vlog of my own. After watching it, a few things struck me:
1. I need a tan.
2. I really need to lose the “baby weight”. Can I really even call it that anymore since Grace will be one in 3 days?
3. I don’t enunciate very well and tend toward mumbling. Ugh.
4. I’m going to be YouTubing speech therapy techniques as soon as I publish this post.
In the video, I’ll be saying the words listed below:
Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught
* What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
* What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
* What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
* What do you call gym shoes?
* What do you say to address a group of people?
* What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
* What do you call your grandparents?
* What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
* What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
* What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
Ok, here goes!