2 cups grated zucchini
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
salt to taste
cayenne pepper to taste (optional)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used coconut oil for its many health benefits)
1. In a medium bowl, combine the zucchini, eggs, onion, flour, Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, salt and cayenne pepper. Stir well enough to distribute ingredients evenly.
2. Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drop zucchini mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls, and cook for a few minutes on each side until golden.
Vegan Zucchini Bread
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons flax seeds
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
few dashes nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup white sugar (I used the full cup but think that 3/4 would be sufficient)
1 cup packed brown sugar
(I used the full cup but think that 3/4 would be sufficient)
3/4 cup vegetable oil (again I used coconut oil)
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups cups shredded zucchini
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9×5 inch loaf pans. Whisk together the flour, flax seeds, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking powder in a bowl until evenly blended; set aside.
2. Whisk together the applesauce, white sugar, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth. Fold in the flour mixture and shredded zucchini until moistened. Divide the batter between the prepared loaf pans.
3. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 60 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.