I’ll warn you that I’ve been on a path to healthier living for the past couple of months. I was really going strong before the holidays and I’ve been trying to hoist myself back up on the bandwagon ever since. The main change that I’ve made is switching to organic foods. You may be thinking I’ve been sucked in by the liberal media or the treehuggers, but I’ve actually been doing a lot of research on all of the changes I’ve been making. Fortunately Andy is on-board with these lifestyle changes, so I actually think they are going to stick this time! I’ll post a few things about organic food later…today it’s about the microwave oven!
Ten Reasons to Throw out your Microwave Oven
1. Continually eating food processed from a microwave oven causes long term – permanent – brain damage by “shorting out” electrical impulses in the brain [de-polarizing or de-magnetizing the brain tissue].
2. The human body cannot metabolize [break down] the unknown by-products created in microwaved food.
3. Male and female hormone production is shut down and/or altered by continually eating microwaved foods.
4. The effects of microwaved food by-products are residual [long term, permanent] within the human body.
5. Minerals, vitamins, and nutrients of all microwaved food is reduced or altered so that the human body gets little or no benefit, or the human body absorbs altered compounds that cannot be broken down.
6. The minerals in vegetables are altered into cancerous free radicals when cooked in microwave ovens.
7. Microwaved foods cause stomach and intestinal cancerous growths [tumors]. This may explain the rapidly increased rate of colon cancer in America.
8. The prolonged eating of microwaved foods causes cancerous cells to increase in human blood.
9. Continual ingestion of microwaved food causes immune system deficiencies through lymph gland and blood serum alterations.
10. Eating microwaved food causes loss of memory, concentration, emotional instability, and a decrease of intelligence.
Have you tossed out your microwave oven yet?
I’m sure you have thoughts on this…share them!!
*Information taken from http://www.ghchealth.com/
My brother suggested I would possibly like this website. He was totally right. This publish actually made my day. You cann’t imagine simply how a lot time I had spent for this info! Thanks!
Awesome Gigi! It's been over 3 years since we ditched our microwave and it hasn't been bad at all! Just need to leave a little more time to heat up leftovers :)
We're doing it! Joe and I are getting rid of our microwave. Not only will it make room in our oh so small kitchen but we rarely use it. We have been making note of when we do use it and and try and think of an alternative use. I am so excited to eventually get rid of it. Thanks for the inspiration.
I say we get rid of microwaves just because I hate cleaning them. :)
you go mom! it’s tough not using the microwave, but i’m sure once i get used to heating things up other ways, it won’t be so bad.
i just couldn’t ignore all that bad stuff!
my next step is getting stainless steel pots and pans to replace my teflon set!
thanks for your comments mom!
Mom :) says
Okay, we have been talking about this and since I am a “baby-step” type of person I have been using the microwave oven less. My next step is to purchase a good stainless steel kettle so I can reheat my coffee, because that is what I seem to use it the most for. Oh, I will also commit to making my oatmeal on the stove!!! This should be easy for someone like me who grew up without a microwave oven. I definitely see the argument, it totally makes sense…
I love your passion Rebecca, and I adore you too!!!