Holy cow y’all!
These cookies were SO GOOD.
With a capital SO.
I googled “the best vegan chocolate chip cookies” and after reading a couple of other recipes, I decided on this one.
I had all the ingredients and they sounded like a home run.
Not using butter or eggs in a cookie recipe made me very skeptical, but this recipe made me a believer!
Coconut oil to the rescue!
The finished product was the perfect combination of crispy, soft, chewy, chocolatey and a hint of coconutty!
I adore chocolate and coconut together so these were right up my alley. Andy isn’t a huge coconut fan but he still loved these!
- ½ cup coconut oil, softened but NOT liquid.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour (please note alternate flours WILL change the outcome of the recipe!)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips (Trader Joe's chocolate chips are accidentally vegan!)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream (aka thoroughly mix) together the coconut oil & brown sugar, then add the almond milk & vanilla. The mixture may be really "liquidy" this is OK - it's also ok if it's just right ;)
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the wet & dry ingredients (it MAY BE crumbly - this is OK), then fold in the chocolate morsels & any other mix-ins of your choosing.
- Roll into Tbsp sized balls & place them on an ungreased cookie sheet (or on a sheet of parchment paper on the baking sheet), then flatten them out a bit with your palm. The dough may be a little crumbly, but just smoosh it together and it will work fine!
- Bake for 7-10 minutes. (I did 8 which was perfect)