I’ve been in a piss-poor mood lately.
Everything and almost everyone is bugging me. I’m antsy and restless and wrestling with all kinds of thoughts, feelings and ideas.
I’ve got the beginnings of a sore throat too. Bah humbug.
It would be easier just to wallow in this feeling and roll around in it like a pig in mud, but my gloominess is starting to get on my nerves too.
I have a lot to be thankful for and November is the perfect month to dwell on my blessings, so here’s a list of 30 things I’m thankful for right now (in random order because I’m too lazy and apathetic to prioritize them):
1. My health
2. My sweet baby girl
3. A kind husband who loves me even when I’m rotten like this
4. My faith because it gives me hope
5. A wonderful mother who loves me and my family and gets “Christmas-morning excited” to spend time with us
6. A sister who is my best friend and who is funny as hell
7. A brother who is a kindred spirit and gets me on a cellular level
8. A great job
9. A warm, cozy house that feels like home
10. An abundance of available food and the desire to turn it into delicious meals
11. A great matress
12. A car that runs well and is free of body damage (for the time being anyway!)
13. My college degree
14. My teeth (thanks to my parent’s $$$ for braces & my genetics for being cavity free)
15. My hair, I can’t imagine struggling with female pattern baldness
16. My love for reading
17. My mother-in-law and father-in-law for raising great children and for being kind, generous and loving
18. My stint with multi-level marketing because it changed the way I think about everything
19. My MacBook laptop
20. The fact that I had an iphone for 10 months before it was drowned in the toilet
21. A knack for good spelling and grammar
22. Wonderful high school memories
23. Good friends who take me for what I am
24. A washer and dryer. Doing laundry by hand is hard, yo.
25. A love for people’s stories
26. The ability to do just about anything I put my mind to
27. A nice neighborhood
28. A great bike
29. A gym that is literally 2 minutes from my house
30. My blog