One of my family’s FAVORITE dinners is my Easy One-Pan Chicken & Rice.
If I need to make a dinner I KNOW everyone will eat and ENJOY, it’s that dinner! I tend to have the ingredients on hand and using ground chicken makes that meal really quick and convenient.
Since going Keto at the beginning of the year (and losing 16lbs so far!) I have been working to modify my recipes to be keto-friendly. I knew this family favorite would be easy to convert and it totally was!
This Keto Cheesy Chicken & “Rice” has totally satisfied my comfort food cravings. It’s really easy to make in tandem with the original recipe so my kids can enjoy the original meal while I enjoy my low-carb version. Win/win!
Keto One-Pan Cheesy Chicken & Rice
- 1/2 Onion finely diced
- 3 cloves Fresh garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Salted butter
- 1 lb Ground Chicken
- 12 oz Frozen riced cauliflower
- 12 oz Frozen broccoli florets
- 2 cups Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large saute pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add diced onion and stir regularly until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add ground chicken and break apart while cooking till no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste (start with about 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper – you could add 1 tsp chicken bouillon instead for a flavor boost)
- Add minced FRESH garlic and stir for 1 min. Do not burn!
- Pour frozen riced cauliflower into the pan and stir with chicken/onion/garlic mixture for about 4 minutes (add a small splash of water or chicken broth if the mixture gets dry).
- Add frozen broccoli florets and continue to stir occasionally until broccoli is to your desired tenderness. Add a lid to speed up the cook time for this step.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar over the whole pan and stir gently to combine/melt the cheese. Serve right away and enjoy!