Happy Birthday, Love
Today is my wonderful husband’s 35th birthday.
Doctor G is gettin’ old!
If 50 is the new 30, he’s practically pubescent. LOL
I honestly love this man more with every year that passes. He’s a treasure and I absolutely know it.
God picked this one for me and he has been the greatest gift. Sadly I’ve not always appreciated him and understood just how incredible he is, but I’m making it my life’s work to be mindful of it now and love him the very best that I can.
It seems like just yesterday that he turned 33 and we celebrated with a smorgasbord of junk food.
As I was searching through the archives for posts celebrating him on his birthday I found only that one and it made me so sad.
I could write every year for the rest of his life and still fall short of describing how he has blessed me and how much I love him.
Because I feel like 35 is a kind of a milestone, I’m gonna let you in on 35 of the many things I love about him…
1. His piercing dark blue eyes
2. His incredible self-discipline
3. His soft hands
4. His very weird sense of humor
5. His broad shoulders
6. His adorable little grin
7. The way he looks in his “good” glasses
8. How his dirty laundry smells clean
9. The way he stands
10. The way he holds his pen to write
11. His handwriting
12. How incredibly well he loves his 2 little girls
13. The way he appreciate my quirks, as INTENSE as they can be
14. How much he loves to read
15. How much he loves to read young adult fiction
16. His ability to watch Three Days of the Condor in it’s entirety
17. How he knows a million and one movie quotes
18. How he laughs when I tickle torture him
19. That he pours the leftover coffee into a mason jar in the fridge for me to have iced coffee later
20. How incredibly smart he is
21. How much he loves medicine
22. How he’s freakishly good at every single sport
23. How much he loves puzzles
24. How much he loves pizza
25. How much he loves Coca-Cola
26. What a kind and tender son he is to his mom
27. How he texts his dad random facts about his runs because he know he’ll appreciate them
28. The way he hugs me when I’m falling apart
29. The way he’s unknowingly helped me heal from so many past wounds
30. How I can trust him completely
31. The way he pushed and pressed forward for years on end to get in touch with his heart
32. How he blushes when people gush about how great he is (he’s probably doing it as he’s reading this :)
33. His habit of spending quiet time with God every morning
34. His commitment to growth and change
35. The fact that he’s all mine :)