I love me some pumpkin food this time of year…
I also love crunchy, sweet granola. Especially for breakfast. Mmmmm.
BUT I’m trying to live a mostly grain-free lifestyle.
So when I tried out this Grain-free Paleo Pumpkin Spice Granola, I was THRILLED!
It’s perfectly crunchy, sweet, satisfying, and amazingly delicious topped with cold almond milk.
You’ll want to run to your nearest Trader Joes (or bulk food store) to pick up the ingredients for this mixture and make a double batch!
I’ve heard rave reviews of this paired with savory foods too, so you could easily use it to encrust chicken or sprinkle on salads. The possibilities are truly endless, so let’s get on with the recipe!
One more thing before we continue…don’t be freaked out by the raisins! They don’t taste overly “raisiny” underneath all of the pumpkin and spice flavor. They just add a nice touch of sweetness and some pleasant chewiness. But if that’s not your thing, go ahead and skip them :)
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- ¼ - ½ cup raisins, chopped
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ⅔ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 heaping tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350*
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin puree, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and pumpkin spice. Stir to mix completely.
- Next add nuts, seeds, coconut & raisins and mix well.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and pour granola mixture on top, spreading evenly into a single layer.
- Place baking sheet on middle rack of the oven and cook for 30 minutes, flipping the granola after about 15 minutes to prevent burning.
- Remove from oven and cool thoroughly. *NOTE* It may not seem fully crisp, but let it cool a little before you bake it any longer...it will usually crisp up as it cools.
- Granola should be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week for best results.