Asian Noodle Salad
The Pioneer Woman has done it again! A delicious recipe that has had me raving for the past two days. In fact, it’s 10:30pm and I’m eating another bowl of it right now because I can’t help myself!
This salad is the perfect summer lunch or dinner. We paired it with some grilled chicken just to add protein and make it a dinner, but it’s quite filling on it’s own and packs a protein crunch if you remember to include the cashews which I forgot!
I’d suggest making it exactly how it’s written because it was divine, but if you can’t stand cilantro or any one of the other ingredients I suppose you could leave it out, but don’t mess with the dressing!
Oh the dressing.
The delicious, delectable dressing.
Also, don’t freak out about the 2 jalepeno peppers called for. You don’t get too much heat from them. Seriously.
Just don’t touch your eyes or nose for at least 3 days after mincing those bad boys up. Trust me on this.
Lastly, make this. Like as soon as possible.
You won’t regret it!
Asian Noodle Salad
From The Pioneer Woman
Please note that this recipe makes a TON of salad. So unless you’re bringing it to a party or don’t mind eating it all week like me, you may want to half it.
|This is the bowl I’m eating right now! Yes, I stopped to take a picture of it :)|
- 1 package Linguine Noodles, Cooked, Rinsed, And Cooled (I used whole wheat)
- ½ head Sliced Napa Cabbage, Or More To Taste (I used regular green cabbage)
- ½ head Sliced Purple Cabbage, Or More To Taste
- ½ bag Baby Spinach, Or More To Taste
- 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, Sliced Thin
- 1 whole Yellow Bell Pepper, Sliced Thin
- 1 whole Orange Bell Pepper, Thinly Sliced
- 1 bag Bean Sprouts (also Called Mung Bean Sprouts)
- Chopped Cilantro, Up To 1 Bunch, To Taste
- 3 whole Scallions, Sliced
- 3 whole Cucumbers Peeled And Sliced
- 1 can (about 10 Oz.) Whole Cashews, Lightly Toasted In Skillet (I forgot these but think they would be divine)
- Toasted Sesame Seeds (optional garnish)
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1 whole Lime, Juiced (I used 1.5 limes because I had an extra half laying around)
- 8 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 8 Tablespoons Soy Sauce (Do your heart a favor and use low sodium soy sauce!)
- 2 Tablespoons (up To 3 Tablespoons) Sesame Oil
- ⅓ cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Ginger Chopped (fresh ginger is a must - don't even THINK about subbing powder or some nonsense. Check out the original recipe for tips on using fresh ginger.)
- 2 cloves Garlic, Chopped
- 2 whole Hot Peppers Or Jalapenos, Chopped
- Chopped Cilantro (I didn't add it here because I put it all in the salad)
- Mix salad ingredients together. Whisk dressing ingredients together and pour over salad. Mix with tongs and serve on a platter.
- Moan and groan about how good it is.
- Don't laugh, just do it :)